Vinery - Stallion Handler
Vinery Stud is currently seeking a reliable and self-motivated person to join our passionate and professional team. Previous experience is preferred but is not essential and on-farm training will occur in the role.
In this exciting position you will work with Vinery’s elite stallion roster, in a world-class facility, with the opportunity to grow within the role and business.
The role will involve:
- All aspects of horse husbandry such as feeding, grooming and assisting with veterinary and farrier work.
- Parading stallions for clients and visitors.
- Aiding in both the arrivals and stallion areas.
- General routine breeding procedures and daily duties required in the stallion barn.
The successful applicant:
- Will possess the ability to work well within a team.
- Display positive and encouraging behaviour.
- Will be punctual and reliable.
Skills preferred but not essential:
- Excellent horse handling skills.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience handling and caring for thoroughbreds.
- Knowledge of the thoroughbred breeding industry.
Vinery Stud is conveniently located just 10 minutes from Scone, in the Hunter Valley which offers many boutique shops, sporting clubs, restaurants and nearby wineries. A competitive remuneration package will be provided with the option of on-farm accommodation and for an overseas candidate, assistance will be offered with flights and visas.
Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information, please don't hesitate to contact Sarah at the office on +61 2 6543 8333.
All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.